Were you inspired by our Hello Yellow Holiday 2023 magazine?
Enter to win a $2000 Leon’s Home Furnishings Shopping Spree!
It’s easy and simple for you to enter! Complete the required entry form and submit!
Contest ends on January 31st, 2024.
See full giveaway rules below.
Get inspired with the new Hello Yellow Holiday 2023 Edition!
Contest ends in:
Like, Follow and Share!
Follow us on Instagram
(+1 Bonus entry)
Like this post on Instagram
(+1 Bonus entry)
Like us on Facebook
(+1 Bonus entry)
Share this contest on Facebook
(+1 Bonus entry)
Follow us on Twitter
(+1 Bonus entry)
Share this contest on Twitter
(+1 Bonus entry)
Giveaway Full Rules and Regulations
RULES FOR LEON’S HELLO YELLOW $2,000 SHOPPING SPREE GIVEAWAY (the “Giveaway”)
THE GIVEAWAY IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC, AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL GIVEAWAY DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE GIVEAWAY RULES (THE “GIVEAWAY RULES”).
1) The Giveaway begins on November 8th, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on January 31st, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Giveaway Period”).
2) The Giveaway is open to entrants who are Canadian residents, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province of residence at the time of submission of an Entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Leon’s Furniture Limited (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Giveaway you must:
Visit http://leons.ca/helloyellowgiveaway (the “Website”) during the Giveaway Period and follow the on-screen instructions to enter which include entering first name, last name a valid email address and phone number (an “Entry”).
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Giveaway when you enter the required information
as described in Section 3) in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL DURING THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Giveaway Period, then each Entry submitted by you will be void. Use of any automated system to submit an Entry is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME) MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) The draw will be on February 5th, 2024 in North York, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 A.M. ET. One (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be contacted by email and will be notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by email within four (4) business day of notification and must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrants will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification, a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the Giveaway rules;
b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and
promotion agencies, the Giveaway judges and each of their respective officers,
directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in
connection with the Giveaway, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the
awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and
likeness in any form of advertising relating to the Giveaway without further notice
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within four (4) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the Giveaway documents within the specified time; he or she will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) Prize: There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) $2,000 Leon’s Home Furnishings Shopping Spree (the “Prize”). Home Furnishings include Furniture, home décor and mattresses only (not valid towards appliances or electronics).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prize will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the entry.
8) By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to abide by these Giveaway Rules. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend the Giveaway in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Giveaway as contemplated by these Giveaway Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10) You acknowledge that photo and video may be captured as part of giving away the Prize and may appear in electronic and print materials related to the Giveaway, including promotional materials.
11) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Giveaway; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Giveaway; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Giveaway in accordance with these Giveaway Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in the Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
12) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Giveaway, or any other methods not authorized by these Giveaway Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future Giveaway and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
13) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Giveaway, or for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Giveaway judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Giveaway.
14) In the event of a dispute, an Entry will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an Internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of submission of the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Giveaway Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Giveaway ("Instagram Released Parties") from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Giveaway to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Instagram Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Giveaway or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) Limit two bonus entries per person/Instagram handle. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Giveaway Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Instagram or email accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize.