RULES FOR LEON’S #LEONSTRUEHEROES GIVEAWAY (the “Giveaway”)
THE GIVEAWAY IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC, AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL GIVEAWAY DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE GIVEAWAY RULES (THE “Giveaway Rules”).
- 1) The Giveaway begins on Thursday, April 16th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, May 11th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Giveaway Period”).
- 2) The Giveaway is open to Entrants and Nominees who are Canadian residents, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province of residence at the time of Entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Leon’s Furniture Limited (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges.
HOW TO ENTER
- 3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to nominate your friend, family member, neighbour or local hero for the Giveaway.
- I. During the Giveaway Period, on @leonsfurniture Instagram account, the entrant (the “Entrant”) can screenshot and upload the first image in the #LeonsTrueHeroes carousel post, tag the Entrant’s nominee (the “Nominee”), and provide an explanation in a few sentences why the Nominee is a true hero (the “Instagram Submission”). The explanation in the Instagram Submission must include “#LeonsTrueHeroes”; or
- II. During the Giveaway Period, the Entrant can email the Entrant’s submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (the “Email Submission”, an Instagram Submission or an Email Submission, being both described as an “Entry”) The Email Submission must include the Entrant’s first and last name, the Nominee’s first and last name, the city that the Nominee resides in, and a few sentences explaining why the Nominee is a true hero.
- 4) Unlimited nominations are permitted within the Giveaway Period when the Entrant enters the required information as described in Section 3 in accordance with these Rules. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEIR ENTRY (INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME, THE NOMINEE’S FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, AND CITY) MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ENTRANT CONFIRMS THAT THEY HAVE OBTAINED ANY CONSENT REQUIRED IN ORDER TO PROVIDE THE NOMINEE’S INFORMATION.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- 5) On Tuesday, May 12th, 2020, in North York, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, the Sponsor will draw for all seven (7) prizes through random draw from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 6) Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrants will be contacted by email and/or phone number and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected Entrants must reply by email within one (1) business day of notification and provide an email and phone number for the Nominee. The Sponsor will then contact the Nominee, and, if they agree to accept the prize, will email further details to the Nominee. In order for the Nominee to receive the prize, both the Entrant and the Nominee will be required to sign and return, within one (1) business day of notification, a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
- a. confirms compliance with the Giveaway Rules;
- b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the Giveaway judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Giveaway, the declarant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the declarant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the Giveaway without further notice or compensation.
If a selected Nominee: (i) cannot be contacted by email or phone within three (3) calendar days of selection, if there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable, or if the Entrant and Nominee shall fail to provide the above documentation and information, the Nominee will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- 7) Prizing: There will be one (1) Grand Prize, followed by three (3) Secondary Prizes, and three (3) Tertiary Prizes available to be won, consisting of:
- a. Grand Prize: One (1) $5,000 gift card to Leon’s furniture
- b. Secondary Prizes: Three (3) $1,000 gift cards
- c. Tertiary Prizes: Six (6) Sealy Cocoon Mattresses valued each at $999.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. There will be no substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prize will only be awarded to the Nominee.
- 8) By entering the Giveaway, the Entrant agrees to abide by the Giveaway Rules. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Giveaway are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
- 9) The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Giveaway in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Giveaway as contemplated by these Giveaway Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- 12) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Giveaway; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Giveaway; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Giveaway in accordance with these Giveaway Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in the Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
- 13) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Giveaway, or any other methods not authorized by these Giveaway Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, fake Instagram accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude any Entrant or Nominee from participating in future giveaway and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- 14) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Giveaway, or for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Giveaway judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Giveaway.
- 15) In the event of a dispute, Entrants will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address or Instagram account submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address or Instagram account by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account or Instagram account at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or Instagram account associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
BASIC INSTAGRAM TERMS
- 17) Not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The Entrant and Nominee must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Giveaway Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Giveaway ("Instagram Released Parties") from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Giveaway to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Instagram Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Giveaway or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Instagram Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees that any of the Instagram Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Giveaway Rules or participation in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter the Giveaway, or any other methods not authorized by these Giveaway Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Instagram or email accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize.